It will only take a few minutes of your time

to make a huge difference and help win this battle for


Here's what you should do:

Contact your state Representative and Senator today.
Tell them that House Bill 1673 or Senate Bill 1466 is very important to you!

The best methods of contacting your elected officials are (in order of impact):

1. Pay them a visit while the General Assembly is out of Session. They live/work locally and would love to hear from their constituents on legislation that matters.

2. Hand written letters get responses from Legislators. Everyone appreciates the time it takes to write a letter and express your feelings. Make sure to include your name, address and a phone number where they can contact you.

3. Call them and tell them you want them to support House Bill 1673 (or Senate Bill 1466). The toll free number for all legislators is (800) 449-8366. Ask them to work as a Co-Sponsor for this legislation and contact Representative Matheny (or Senator Bell).

4. Send an e-mail or form letter. This is by far the least effective form of communicating your opinions to your Legislator. E-mails are easy to send, and easier to ignore and delete. You should include your name, postal address, e-mail address and a phone number where you can be reached.

Here is a sample Representative form letter and here is a sample Senator form letter.

Don't know your Legislator's address? You can get all contact information via the web at . You can also call their offices in Nashville at (800) 449-8366 and get this information from their staff.

If, after contacting your Legislator, they need more information about these Bills, please contact CMT/ABATE Legislative Director Scott McColpin at (423) 432-2708 or . We'll make sure they get the information they need. Please let us know whether they will support this legislation, and whether they would like to Co-sponsor it.

E-mail us at or call us at (615) 262-1119 for any additional help or information.